The winners of the Skills for Care Accolades that celebrate excellence in workforce development for the 1.47m people who work in adult social care in the UK, have been announced.
The Accolades have been running for 16 years and are open to all 20,300 organisations who offer adult social care in England.
The winners picked up their trophies from Anton Du Beke, a dance star, at a London award ceremony.
Sharon Allen, Skills for Care’s CEO, said: “My congratulations to all the winners who came through a rigorous judging process to win a highly coveted trophy that recognises, on a national stage, their outstanding work in developing the skills and a knowledge of the adult social care workforce.
“The Skills for Care Accolades are a wonderful opportunity to celebrate high quality care and support services, delivered by
“It is always a pleasure to meet every one of our finalists and hear about the innovative thinking that makes them such great providers of services to the people they work with.”
The full list of winners are:
- Best employer of between 51 and 249 staff – Manor Community
- Best employer of over 250 staff – The Westminster Society for People with Learning Disabilities
- Best employers of under 50 staff – Hendra Healthcare (Ludlow) Limited
- Best employers support for your registered manager(s) – Home Group
- Best endorsed provider of learning and development – HC-One People Development Team
- Best individual who employs their own care and support staff – Clare Steeples and her PA team
- Best recruitment initiative – Right at Home (Derby)
- Most effective approach to leadership and management – Future Directions CIC
- Most effective approach to integrated new models of care – Future Directions CIC
Read more about the awards and the winners at